Free from gluten, dairy, flour AND banana yet incredible tasting: these pancakes will literally change your life!
You may recall I posted my excitement at nailing this pancake recipe on Instagram a little while back - which is why I wanted to make sure it was absolutely IDIOT/GEN PROOF before I shared it! (I have a habit that I'm working on, of messing with stuff that's already perfectly perfect...)
I believe it's never not a day for pancakes (apart from days when you have other stuff for breakfast...) and have previously experimented with many versions that have either taken an incredibly long time to put together or taste like there's something missing.
This life-changing recipe contains no banana, gluten, dairy or refined sugar yet you'd never know coz they taste OUT OF THIS WORLD! My personal trainer clients and boot camp superstars have made me aware how much they've been looking forward to experiencing this (without any of the above ingredients) so I'm thrilled today's the day!
And nope, I didn't think it was possible either, especially as you won't need to buy any weird freaky alternative ingredients from obscure sources, that cost more than a week's worth of shopping because they've been blessed by a holy magical person, who could have lost their life trying to obtain them...) 😜 The only 'exotic' place you might have to venture to is good ol' Amazon...
Have an awesome day and please let me know what you think once you've made them! Gen x
- - 1 & 1/4 cups almond meal
- - 3/4 teaspoon organic baking powder (I use Doves Farm)
- - 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- - 3 organic eggs (or egg replacer if vegan)
- - 1/4 cup plenish cashew milk (or whatever plant milk you fancy, coconut also works well)
- - 1 tsp organic vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- - 1 tbspn organic coconut oil (or goats butter if not vegan)
- - 2 tbspns organic coconut nectar
- Put all your wet ingredients in your blender (I use a Nutri Ninja) and whizz it on high until well-mixed
- Add all your dry ingredients and blend until well-combined (usually takes about a minute)
- Heat your frying pan over a medium heat and add your coconut oil. If you're not vegan, goats butter works pretty well too
- Pour the pancake batter into the pan, keep them about 8cm in diameter (the bigger they are, the more difficult they'll be to flip!)
- Keep an eye on them so they don't burn, and flip them over in 1-2 minutes
- The other side will cook much quicker so keep watch and remove when they look fluffy and wonderful.
- We served ours with some more coconut nectar and blueberries but use whatever you like as everything will taste pretty amazing!
- Enjoy 😉
- The almond meal, baking powder, vanilla powder and coconut nectar are all available on Amazon!