My new improved flapjack recipe just got tastier, easier and even more awesome!
Howdy beauties, hope you’re all enjoying the intermittent sunshine Southampton has been blessed with lately!
Today I’m thrilled to share with you the new improved version of my flapjack recipe! Many of my personal trainer clients and boot camp attendees have enjoyed my original recipe (and even had sneak previews of this one!) so I thought it only right I share it with you too 😉
It’s super simple, kid-friendly and takes less than 20 minutes to make and bake. And of course 100% dairy and refined sugar free, so you won’t get the crash that often follows a shop-bought flapjack.
My husband usually takes a few to work (and often enjoys a few more when he gets home…) and as they’re so filling they also make a great travel snack and lunchbox treat.
They can be made with regular or gluten-free oats (just make sure you buy organic!) and I also add a small scoop of my favourite Pulsin hemp protein powder for an extra protein hit.
I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else has and as always please let me know what you think!
- 260g organic oats (can use gluten free)
- 85g raisins
- Handful mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, sesame etc)
- *1 tbspn Pulsin hemp protein (optional)
- 2 tspns cinnamon
- 1 small ripe banana
- 5 tbspns melted coconut oil
- 4 tbspns almond butter
- 4 tbspns coconut nectar
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Line a 9"x 9" square baking tin with parchment paper
- Combine oats, raisins, seeds, protein powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Into your high-speed blender (nutibullet or ninja work best) add the coconut oil, banana, almond butter and coconut nectar.
- Blend on high until a smooth mixture is formed
- Transfer mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well
- Transfer to baking tray and pat down until flat
- Place on middle shelf of oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares
- *this is optional for extra protein
- All ingredients are available on Amazon!