Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo and 100% delicious - get ready to change the way you eat bread FOREVER!
As a gluten-free Personal trainer, I've struggled to find a decent gluten-free bread that a) tastes like bread b) actually rises and c) isn't full of sugar and fake food substitutes to make it taste like bread.
This recipe for a large loaf is a combination of a few others that I have adapted. It can also be toasted for a couple of minutes, and it actually stays moist so there is no need to add any type of spread!
You can tweak it to your liking but this is the synergy I find works best and tastes the most incredible. And I hope you agree 😉
- 2 cups almond flour (made with blanched almonds in a food processor)
- 1 cup desicated coconut
- 2 tsps gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tbspn organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbspn walnut oil
- 2 tbspns organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin etc)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking loaf tin with parchment paper
- Melt the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and add the coconut oil, vinegar and walnut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan, making sure all is scraped out of the bowl. Add extra seeds to the top if you so desire.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes until golden brown (a skewer inserted into center will come out clean when it is ready.) keep checking it as ovens tend to vary and you don't want to burn it!
- Rest for approx 10-15 minutes.
- Once bread is completely cooled, slice with a serrated bread knife and serve however you wish. It keeps best in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5-7 days and can be frozen for up to one month.
Enjoy and don't forget to share your own photos of yours!