The 5 minute Halloween treat that is 100% raw, vegan, gluten-free and so delicious it’ll put everything else to shame!
Be the star of every Halloween party with this super easy pumpkin spice truffle recipe!
Halloween tends to be a time to rival Christmas, in terms of the range of unhealthy crap available to us in the supermarkets. Unhealthy crap that we say is “for the kids” yet if there’s any left over, it has a tendency to get eaten – especially in times of stress!
Fortunately, you no longer need to worry about consuming any toxic garbage this Halloween – not when you have a secret weapon healthy alternative to hand! These beautiful pumpkin spice truffles are so easy to make, child-friendly and also a great Autumnal recipe to enjoy with friends. Many of my personal training clients took a batch to Fireworks parties last year, where the guests couldn’t get enough of them!
And if you’re thinking uh-oh, I can’t be bothered to start carving out and blending up a pumpkin – you needn’t worry as no pumpkin is actually needed! It is the pumpkin spice that provides the beautiful pumpkin-esque flavour 😉
Rather than using shop-bought pumpkin spice mix (or the sugar-laden stuff famous coffee shop chains use in their pumpkin spice flavour lattes – shudder) I found it far easier to create the spice mix manually using servings of each individual spice. These can be adjusted to your preferences, depending on what you like!
And if you are attending our extra-special Boot Camp Halloween Hop next Monday, you can be sure to enjoy a free sample to see just how amazing they taste 😉
Enjoy – and see you there!
- ½ cup organic medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon organic ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup desicated coconut
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth
- Take roughly a teaspoon amount of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Repeat until all the mixture has been used
- Roll in either cinnamon or coconut or leave 'bare'
- Set in the fridge for a few hours or in the freezer for an hour if you are pressed for time
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week (if by some miracle there are any left over!)
- Spices can be adjusted according to your preferences